REGISTRATION INFORMATION 2018-2019
Summer is quickly approaching so it's time to talk about next school year! I would like to take this opportunity to outline the NEW registration process for 2018-2019 school year.
In honoring our commitment to streamline the residency verification process, if you have a student entering Kindergarten, 3rd grade or 6th grade you must verify residency on Monday, July 9th, Wednesday, July 11th, Tuesday, July 17th, or Thursday, July 19th at the Normandy Villa Administration Center, 41 E. Elmwood Drive, Chicago Heights. A PDF containing a full schedule of dates and times can be found below.
Additionally, regardless of your students grade, if you do not own or rent but rather live with a Flossmoor School District 161 resident, the parent/guardian and the resident are both required to come in person to the Normandy Villa Administration Center, 41 E. Elmwood Drive, Chicago Heights to verify residency on Monday, July 9th, Wednesday, July 11th, Tuesday, July 17th, or Thursday, July 19th. A PDF containing information on residency requirements can be found below.
On-line registration via Family Access in Skyward is open and you should have received this information via an email blast. The following is needed to participate in the on-line registration process:
- A computer with internet access (if you don't have access to a computer, this can also be done at the public library or during one of the residency verification days held at the district).
- Skyward Family Access account- contact your child's school if you do not have access
- A valid e-mail address for the guardian completing the process
- Each student being registered must be a returning student
- If you wish to pay your fees on-line you will need a Discover, Visa or Mastercard (debit or credit). Please note: fees are at a discounted rate until July 26, 2018, they will be full rate thereafter.
Free lunch applications and waiver of fee forms will be available for parents on the district website or on residency days. Applications can also be picked up at Normandy Villa.
Lastly, all families will go to Parker Junior High on Class Assignment Pickup days to receive your student's class assignment and other pertinent information to begin the school year. Dates and times are posted in a PDF below.
Thank you for your cooperation with student registration. If you have any questions, please call Ms. Wanda Alexander at 708-647-7001.